The pure fact that this doesn’t even need a title or a description or anything speaks volumes. I mean look at the number of notes this has. There are so few people who don’t recognize it. And the song itself just gives you chills. It’s so magical.
^ THAT WAS MY EXACT REACTION
I swear to fucking god tumblr if this is another fucking Spongebob pos-
I want to set this as a night time soothing music to put me to sleep so I may dream dreams of Hogwarts and Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the lot of them. I want to fly and and and practice magic.
The worst part will be waking up and realizing it’s all a dream. Then I’ll just be like, I’m not home, not really.
This is my little baby cousin and he is dressed as a smoke detector for Halloween
None of us know why but he is really obsessed with smoke detectors
That’s all he’s asked for in the way of presents these past two years
He calls them “snoke edectors”
Also he has a scrapbook of everyone in the family posing with their smoke detectors
he will grow up to revolutionize themSpread the geekery
[AGGRESSIVELY CRIES OVER THE FACT THAT PETER CAPALDI AND DAVID TENNANT BOTH WANTED TO PLAY THE DOCTOR WHEN THEY WERE KIDS AND THEY MADE IT]
- me: dad what are you doing
- dad: *scrolling through my benedict cumberbatch pictures*
- me: dad-
- dad: this man
- dad: is beautiful
as a white person i apologize
As a black person, I say that you don’t need to apologize.
You should not be held accountable for what your ancestors did. They did bad things to people, but you didn’t. You also shouldn’t feel as though you aren’t allowed to have problems. Just because society leans toward favouring white people, doesn’t mean your life is perfect and stress free.
You don’t need to feel bad for being born the race you are. No one should.
I love this. A million times over.
- Friend: So I was talking to her and she said she didn't like the new Doctor because he was too old and ugly.
- Me: ...
- Me: ...
- Me: What. She's one of those?! Geeze he's not old. And I mean, god the actor for the Doctor is not determined by his age or how good he looks. It's about how they play the part. She should wait until we see him in action to pass judgement.
- Friend: Yeah. That's what I thought too, but didn't want to say it. I also mentioned that the first Doctor was older, and she was like Christopher Eccleston?
- Me: *pained* Nooooo. Nooo. She didn't....
- Friend: I was like, no. William Hartnell, from like way back. She said oh yeah.
- Me: Oh my god, she is one of THOSE Fadwhovians. She does not deserve the full title of Whovian.
how do you do it
im on like the 3rd episode of Doctor Who season 3 and how do you do it
how do you not just dIE from emotions
o wise ones of wisdom
tell me your ways
Welcome to Who.
icingonthecape: All the tumblr gifs…
All the tumblr gifs convinced me to start watching Doctor Who. Where has this been all my life? Can’t. Stop. Watching.
Welcome to the family, glad to have ya.
- New to Who Fan: What if the Doctor was real?
- True Whovian: What do you mean "if"?
- New to Who Fan: Like what if the TARDIS just showed up and the Doctor popped his head out and was like "travel with me"?
- True Whovian: It will happen and I will go. Now shut up and catch up before this weekend.
I think Jack deserves a lot more credit than he gets. I mean he is beloved, but really he should be more so than he is. I actually once met someone who said she HATED Jack and I was like, how could you hate such a beautiful human being!?
But I mean, people say that Jack will just sleep with anything…and I don’t think that’s fully the case.
It’s not just that he would sleep with you. It’s that he finds every human being and everything beautiful for what they are and who they are. He finds value in them as is and he therefore is not simply sleeping with you…but finding you beautiful, and he wants to show you that you’re beautiful. And for this, I find him an amazing character full of depth and texture, I mean he’s got darkness, but he’s also got this aspect of him that is beyond amorous and reaches to a more sincere level of knowing beauty.
In the Yoruba culture of Africa, they had a word, Amewa, that meant “knower-of beauty,” and while it is now generally used in art historical context, I find that it fits Jack’s character well. He really isn’t as shallow as he first seems.
The Stranger: Certain Doctor Who Phrases and how Olive Garden Customers React: An Experiment Done by a Server
As a server, I did an experiment tonight, I was saying basically only Doctor Who quotes to my tables, some understood, others did not. These are a few of the phrases and people’s reactions:
[When greeting tables] "Oh hello! I’m The Doctor! I am here to help! Look, they gave me a badge with my…
I want this guy as my server.